Here’s a simple ginger-peanut dressing that rivals any restaurant Asian salad! My favorite salad combo to serve it with — and the one shown above — is, for each serving:
– one heart-of-romaine head, chopped (I save the bottom 4″ to use as dippers with hummus, etc.)
– one regular or two small green onions, sliced thin
– one or two handfuls of slaw mix with carrots
– chopped bell pepper to taste
– chopped nuts of your choice and to taste: peanuts, cashews or almonds
– chopped cilantro to your taste
– optional: 1/2 to 1 whole cooked chicken breast
Just toss all this together and serve immediately, or cover and chill till you’re ready to serve.
Just before serving, drizzle on the dressing. This recipe makes enough for about four servings.
Recipe: Ginger-peanut salad dressing
1/4 c. rice vinegar
2 T. minced fresh ginger root
2 T. sugar-free peanut butter
1 T. honey
2 pkts. Splenda
1 small garlic clove
1/2 t. sesame oil
1/2 c. canola oil
Combine all ingredients except for canola in a blender and process till smooth. With the blender running, drizzle in the canola oil.
Best if chilled for a couple hours before serving.