I’ve posted a LOT of recipes here over the last few years, but I thought it would be fun and helpful to put together a list of the recipes I go to again and again when I need quick easy meals!
There’s a lot of salmon on this list, but that’s because: 1. it cooks quickly, 2. it’s versatile, and 3. it’s easy to get right, once you know how to. If you think you don’t like salmon, it may just be that you’ve never had it cooked right. It should be cooked till it’s just barely done in the middle. If you overcook it, it gets dry and mealy. Here’s how to get it just right.
And back to why you’re here…
7 of my favorite quick easy meals
In no particular order (with Paleo notes, for those who care):
- Quick pork tenderloin with seasoned rub — Made this for dinner tonight, as a matter of fact! (Paleo)
- Balsamic-glazed salmon — The hubs is not such a vinegar fan, so when I’m cooking dinner for just me, I often make this. I LOVE it! Another possibility: swap out soy sauce or tamari for the vinegar. (Paleo-ish)
- Herb-crusted salmon — Some chopping of herbs is the only slightly hard thing about this restaurant-worthy dish. (Paleo)
- Ancho-crusted salmon with avocado crema — This is another dish that looks impressive but is super simple. Don’t like avocado or guacamole? Use jarred salsa! (Paleo-ish, due to the sour cream or yogurt)
- Buffalo chicken avocado quesadillas — Mmm, I love these! Haven’t had them in a while because they’re not Paleo, but if you care about that, you could use Steph’s Paleo tortilla recipe if you want and skip the cheese. Or not, and call it Paleo-ish!
- Quick gyro wrap — This was something I threw together for lunch and liked it so much I made it a keeper. Perfectly fine for dinner, too. The dressing is essential (but not Paleo). Steph at Stupid Easy Paleo also has a Paleo tzatziki sauce recipe, though.
- Sloppy Jo’tatoes — What you get when you make some sweet-and-smoky Sloppy Joe filling, and pile it on top of a loaded baked potato! (Paleo if your BBQ sauce is.)
Also see my list of easy lunches!
Follow me on Instagram for more quick, easy healthy food ideas.
Like this post? Please pin it!