If you’ve got some leftover cooked hamburger or leftover cooked sausage on hand, here’s an easy 10-minute lunch idea!
Other ingredients needed:
- flatbread, wrap, pita bread (grain-recipe link below), OR large lettuce leaves
- yogurt or sour cream (if you don’t eat dairy, sub mayo or other non-dairy products)
- dill – either dried or fresh is fine
- garlic powder or salt
- tomatoes, chopped
- onion, any kind, chopped
- optional – cucumber, chopped
- optional – oregano and/or zaatar seasoning mix
Don’t miss the notes and links below the video.
I always keep chopped onion on hand in the fridge to make things easier when I cook. And cooked, crumbled hamburger in the freezer. (For more tips, see the 30 things I always keep stocked in my kitchen.)
If you’re using sausage, you won’t need the seasonings I add to the cooking oil before the meat.
The recipe for the tzatziki-inspired sauce can be found here: gyro sauce (tzatziki-ish) recipe
The recipe for the grain-free gluten-free flatbread (or pita) is here: grain-free pita/flatbread recipe
And if you want to make your own sausage (it’s SO easy!), there are a few options here: make your own sausage