I recently made a new friend via Instagram: Jess — all the way from Australia! — who blogs about food and faith at Faith, Food and Fitness. We’re very much on the same page regarding our approach to health and nutrition, so we’ve decided to trade guest posts now and then. Here’s one of her recent posts that’s pertinent to our current weather here in the midwest U.S: no-cook lunch ideas.
7 No-Cook Lunch Ideas
1. Tuna and Mayo on Cucumber Slices with Walnuts.
Or have them on apple slices.
2. Deli Tuna Salad (tuna, mayo, sliced dill pickle, squeeze lime juice, 1/4 red onion diced, chopped parsley, 1 diced stalk of celery) served on Shredded Lettuce.
Or wrap the deli salad in a lettuce leaf.
3. Nori Sheets make the best wraps and they are so nutritious! Tuna, mashed avocado as the ‘stickiness’ of the nori roll, then add any other veg you like – shredded kale, cauliflower or broccoli rice, cucumber, capsicum, snow peas…it’s endless. I serve mine with coconut aminos (because I like the taste).
4. Avocado and grated veggies of your choice, wrapped in a few slices of deli chicken or turkey.
5. If you have leftovers turkey or chicken burgers from the night before, they make a great cold lunch the next day. Wrap it in a lettuce leaf…yum!!
6. Egg Salad. All you need is cold boiled eggs, avocado, tomatoes, and bacon (leave the bacon out if you wish). I boil a dozen eggs at the start of every week, because they come in handy for quick no-cook lunches and snacks during the week.
7. And of course a good old fashioned salad! If you don’t have leftover cooked protein (like slow cooked meats), then leave it out.
You’ll notice tuna mentioned a lot; that’s because we keep our cupboard stocked with it, which makes it easy to just pull some out and make a quick lunch, I also substitute tuna with sardines from time to time.
Yours in Health and Happiness
– See more at: http://www.paleojess.com/
P.S. If you need a good sugar-free Paleo mayo, check out my recipe for 4-ingredient mayonnaise. – Jana